Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 4 EOC: Advertising is based on Happiness

Happiness –
What makes us happy with the items we purchase? Is it that we feel we got more than what we paid for or is it that the item we purchased worked the way it was supposed to fulfilling the need we had? For example a few years back I was looking to buy a new camera I wanted to upgrade into the SLR digital world of cameras. So I began researching different brands and prices versus functions and all that goes into making a purchase of high dollar amount. After doing my research I chose to stay with the brand I have shot with for years, which happened to be Pentax. I still have that camera and shoot with it on an almost daily basis. The camera exceeded my expectations and if I had to do so I would buy it all over again.

Dissidence –
On the opposite side of things, the last big purchase that I made that I ended up not being very happy with was when I bought my wife a new minivan. We looked at lots of new cars a few years ago, needing enough room and seats for seven people. We already had a suburban so my wife wanted a new van to replace the older van we had. After finding one, albeit on the high side of our price range, we had it for just a few weeks before it broke down for the first time. This first time was due to a sensor in the fuel tank that wasn’t working correctly and showing fuel in the tank when it was actually empty. After having that fixed a few more weeks went by before one of the sliding doors started malfunctioning. To make a long story short the van had problem until the day we turned it back in. This was definitely an Item that I had some buyer’s remorse over.

No comments:

Post a Comment