Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week 6 EOC: Me Times Three

First of all I have to say I do not spend a whole lot of time on using personal care Items. I shower, brush my teeth, put on deodorant like any other guy. I can’t say that I am excited or even have a favorite type of toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, or even soap. I am a stereotypical male who uses whatever is available.
This being said I suppose I will start with the soap that is currently in the shower. I believe the brand is dial and I couldn’t tell you what the scent is, just that is smells good. The bottom line for me is that it lathers well, enough so that I can shave with it and that it makes me feel clean. Yes I know surprise no I do not use shaving cream, just good old soap. I think like most soap product dial is marketed towards the female gender using Demographic segmentation. “Demographic factors are the most popular bases for segmenting customer groups.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition, printed page 177)
Another personal product that I use is that of Colgate toothpaste, could it be cause of its fresh mint taste, or because it leaves my mouth feeling clean. To be honest it’s what on the bathroom. Yes typical male I know, but if it isn’t broke don’t fix it, my wife buys it I use it. Now I could be wrong with this but I think that Age and life-cycle segmentation could be used to market toothpaste. “Consumer needs and wants change with age. Some companies use age and life-cycle segmentation, offering different products or using different marketing approaches for different age and life-cycle groups.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition, printed page 178)
My third personal product would have to be my electric shaver or beard trimmer. Why because I think its fun to use and it’s easy to use. It is a Norelco made by Phillips and it is a rechargeable hair trimmer/ cutter. I use it to either change my appearance or just easily trim up my beard. For the price it has given me good value and if it were to quit working I would buy another one. “Included in the potential user group are consumers facing life-stage changes—such as newlyweds and new parents—who can be turned into heavy users.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition, printed page 182) This is where I think a product like this may be marketed as well as with other markets. User status has a lot to do with a product like the hair trimmer mostly because people start to use or reuse a product like this when they have life stage changes

No comments:

Post a Comment